Search My Blog

Sunday 27 January 2019

The Calm Before the Storm

I am currently in a state of desperately trying to stay awake for a couple more hours. 9pm is a reasonable time for a 20 year old to go to bed, yes? It has been a busy few days and today was spent travelling which always wears me out. I'm shattered but at the same time my soul is feeling refreshed.

I have just been home for a couple of days before I start my 2nd year placement tomorrow morning.
The main reason I went home was to surprise my friend Beth as part of her 21st birthday celebrations which were wonderfully orchestrated by her boyfriend, Kyle. It was so great to be able to see some of the old gang and to catch up as we didn't get much time together over Christmas. I also love an excuse to dress up and eat cake (well, who doesn't?).



As you can see from these two pictures, I am apparently incapable of posing for a nice photo like a normal human being, soz lads.

What made this weekend even better than I had originally anticipated was that Uni gave us a 'pre-placement' week which meant I had a couple of extra days off to get my life together and to then travel back on the Thursday. This gave me some much needed quality time with the parentals. On top of this, two other very important people in my life also happened to be heading back to the Shire on the Friday...

My wonderful friend Katherine who is bossing life and moved to Cornwall for work a few months ago was back in town for a different surprise party! We met for coffee and it was so amazing to see her face and to chat away together like only Kates and Kathers can. We just get each other in a way that I don't think other people always do haha!

And finally, it was a huge bonus to have a date night with Nathan like a normal couple can you BELIEVE. We actually got to spend some time together that wasn't over a dodgy FaceTime connection lol.

Times like these with loved ones who I don't see when I'm in Brighton is such a joy but also hard when they are short lived and I have to say goodbye again so quickly. Despite the bittersweet farewells, I feel like God has hugely blessed me in creating these 'coincidences' of crossed paths.
I am feeling so much better in heading towards placement (which I know will be an emotional challenge at times) having been able to spend quality time with these people in particular.
Sometimes I really see that God knows what I need before I can even ask for it.

Now, time to go and pack my lunch and set a lovely early alarm for tomorrow morning. I am feeling apprehensive about the next 8 weeks but more so I am excited to get stuck in! I'm not one to shy away from a challenge, and I don't intend to start now.

I hope you are all well and excited for January to be over - I know I am!

Thanks so much for reading,

Love,
Katie xxx











No comments:

Post a Comment