Search My Blog

Monday 19 September 2016

An Introduction to 'Katie's Corner'

Hello!

I am 18 years old and have recently (miraculously) survived A Levels. I am now embarking on a gap year. 

I have started this blog as a means of documenting my gap year and all the new adventures that it shall entail - sort of like an online journal. I hope that it will be interesting for others to read but also that it will be great for me to look back on in the future. I'm going to write another post specifically about my plans for my gap year which will give further insight into the sort of things I shall be getting up to!

I think this blog would come under the 'lifestyle blogging' umbrella as I don't want to be restricted by labelling myself too much. This is a place for me to explore my various interests and hobbies. Some of these interests and hobbies include: singing, acting, yoga, art/crafting, health/wellbeing, reading, and tea-drinking, so these will be some of the topics popping up in my posts.


Musical theatre is my favourite thing in the whole world. I played Maureen in RENT last year.
I am a very creative person and so part of the purpose of this blog is to be an outlet for this creativity! I shall be posting crafting ideas, baking and cooking recipes, and fashion inspiration. I love creating with words; one of the A Levels I took was English Literature due to the fact that I love reading and writing! It will be refreshing for me to be able to write for my own enjoyment rather than primarily for set assignments. I shall also be posting book reviews and recommendations - I'd love to hear other people's recommendations too!

Unfortunately, I suffer from a variety of chronic illnesses. However, through this I have (rather ironically I suppose) learnt a lot about health, well-being, and how to look after yourself. I shall be sharing some of these 'pearls of wisdom' over the coming months. Some of the conditions I have are often misunderstood and are not spoken of openly; I hope to break some of the taboo and open up discussion about these issues.



I also believe that I can help other young people who are currently going through the fun, stressful, mad world that is school. Having made it through GCSE's and A Levels myself, I have learnt many 'DOs and DON'Ts' regarding school and exams which I shall share in the hope that I can make the whole shebang slightly easier for someone else.


What my Christmas 'holiday' looked like last year!
There are many other topics that I want to discuss: from body image to religion to politics. So there will be some rather meaty posts to get your teeth into, as well as the lighthearted fun ones. I am looking forward to creating lots of discussion!

Thank you for reading, I hope you hop on and enjoy this ride with me!

Love, 
Katie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment